Monday, February 20, 2012

Is this really happening?

So, to start out this journey, thought you should have a little background info...


I love to travel. I love cultures, I love food, I love people. Above all, I love my Creator. 
I have had many opportunities to travel in the last four years and have been all over the world from Argentina to China to Haiti, South Africa and even London! I have thoroughly enjoyed every second of my travels and feel so blessed to have witnessed such amazing things. 


Each trip I learn something new. I inevitably learn something new about a culture, whether it is my first time there or my fifth, I always learn something new about the culture. I learn something about the language- I love languages, there's something so mysterious about them, yet so...so logical and understandable. I hope to be fluent in multiple languages by the time I finish travelling. I learn something about diet and exercise. Diet more than anything! More than all that though, I learn about myself. After living with me for 22 years, one would think that I had learned who I am and know ALL the in's and out's of my crazy thinking. Apparently I don't, because EVERY trip, without fail, I learn more of who I am and who I want to be.


Well, now the time has come for me to leave again, only for a much longer period of time than I have ever done before. A year and a half this time. That's about 584 days!!! What am I thinking? Who knows... I take it as it comes- one step at a time, and by the time I'm done with my journey, I'm sure I will not ever imagine where I'll end up!


On this blog I hope to outline new things for you; by the end of this journey together, I hope you feel like you have been right there with me, in Xiamen China, eating what I eat, hearing what I hear, and seeing what I have seen. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what God has planned for you! It will be wonderful to be able to learn and experience this adventure with you.
    ~Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I'll look forward to reading about your adventures and challenges as you begin this next chapter in your life. I'll be praying for God's wisdom and guidance for you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, How ya doing? Hope all is well!! JOY

    ReplyDelete